Friday 12 December 2014

Welly


My last stop on the North Island was Wellington, a city reet South of the Island.. And as cities go, I really liked it here!


It's much more like a European city than Auckland, in that the people are a lot more 'normal?' and seem less arsed about the price of someone's outfit than their conversational skills.  There was a mixed bag of buskers on every street, pound shops and drunk old men making chatter with anyone that would give them a mo's attention.

This guy was Scottish btw!

I was only here for a night really so didn't have time to go full tourist, but I walked the waterfront which was beautifully cool, and went to The Tapa Museum and saw loads of real cool original Moari shiz.. And the worlds biggest squid!


The waterfront has cafés and bars inside shipping containers and loads of other cool stuff, like a piano just perched on the seas edge.. just so sheek right!

I was a second thought away from pulling a Mike from Friends on this bad boy!

In the eve I went to the cinema by myself to watch The Mokingjay.. truely taking in the Pacific culture to it's fullest.  I nearly left the cinema mid film because it was so cold in there that I had a runny nose.. Then Niamh text to tell me that people would think I was a miserable cow and say things like 'no wonder she's in the cinema by herself!' HAHA! So I stayed.

The next morn I got the inter-island ferry over to Picton and the trip itself is worth paying to see.. Fuck it was beautiful! The boat goes through a mountain range called The Marlborough Sounds, which is jaw dropping loveliness.  Just passing through.. Whateves!




Next instalment, doon sooth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment