Monday 8 December 2014

NZ North


In a conscious bid not to go on about the beauty that is the NZ scenery.. But also go on about it a bit, I've condensed some of the wee weekend trips into one easy to digest instalment.. Welcome.

First Mount Maunganui


So this is in a place called The Bay of Plenty... Plenty posh folk.  It's a beach town famed for water sporting activities, gorgeous waterfront houses and cafés, and a massive mountain that over looks miles of untouched ocean and landmass.  


It is made up by a majority of loaded New Zealanders that comrade here in their classic cars to their ridiculously sized holiday batches, and a decent portion of boozey surfers and travellers that pack out the towns Irish pub for Jaeger induced sing songs.. So we did just that! And we climbed the mount, ate the worlds BBQ and sampled honey brewed beer in well received proportions.. Oh and I'd packed mismatched trainers so did most of this sporting a Reebox / Converse combo 👍



Cathedral Cove, Coromandel


We went on a family day out to this treat, and it swiftly became one of the top most amazing things to look at with my eyes.


You drive up to a kinda hill top and take a mildly trying hike through some woods, before being greeted with what looks like a man made, CGI'd / filtered film set.. It's insane!! It was used in one of a Narnia films and a Macclemore video, and now my dreams.. I honestly almost cried at it's loveliness!


What you find a lot in NZ is that everything's so quaint and untouched, unlike other beautiful beaches or famous landmarks around the globe that are packed with people and noise and local entrepreneurs selling Raybons, for most of our time at The Cove we were probably amongst 20-30 people max!  And we just sat and drank it in... Then ate a pie.. Then came away heartily fulfilled (by beauty and pastry). 
Loved this place so much!

Waiheke Island


This is a sun drenched Island off the coast of Auckland City, it was there the whole time that I was about, in all it's glory.. yet it still took me 6 months to make the 30 min ferry ride over to see it.  Loser.


I decided to make this my leaving trip destination of choice, and got my favourites to join me for a day of wine drinking and malarkies! 


The day was scorching (as was the company obviously) and we went from civil sav sipping on the terrace, to beer drinking on the grass.. sliding gradually into a somewhat eye opening game of 'never have I ever!' HAHA you beasts!


Such a good time, thank you everyone for being brilliant! Xx

So I'm again jobless and homeless, and living my life from a solitary bag.. This time alone, but this time more prepared..... Am I?! 😳


No comments:

Post a Comment